HPDL News and Information
- Housing Resources - Program Overview This program is designed to complement existing loan programs available from the City of Minneapolis, the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA), private lenders and other housing resources. It is not intended to be the sole source of rehab funds available to the neighborhood. The HPDL program has three components: A revolving loan fund ...Read More
- Picnic in the Park 2018 - Thursday, July 26th from 5:30 to 8:30 pm Pearl Park (414 E Diamond Lake Road Minneapolis) A HUGE Thank You to this year's sponsors: Northrup Roofing and Exteriors & Northrup Remodeling Bikes N Pieces Fat Lorenzo's Pizza Usborne Books Hale Family Dental Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church Urban Refuge Church ...Read More
- Plan Modification - The HPDL Board has voted to move funds within contract 25740A from Traffic Calming $17,452 and Promoting Neighborhood Businesses $6,000 to the Building Community line item for a total of $23,452.00. The HPDL Board must provide a 21 day notice before this action can be taken. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
- Planting for Clean Water - Published with permission from the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District It’s officially spring, and we are ready to hear the birds singing, see buds swelling on tree branches and watch refreshing rains that wash away the salt and grit from the landscape. But the salt and grit that has accumulated on roads, sidewalks and parking lots ...Read More
- 2018 Blue Thumb Workshops Hosted by Metro Blooms - For Immediate Release Contact: John Bly, email@example.com, 651-699-2426 Learn How to Create a Resilient Yard 2018 Blue Thumb workshops hosted by Metro Blooms What? Unseasonably warm weather, long periods of drought, and flooding rains are the new normal in Minnesota. Metro Blooms is offering two types of resilient yard presentations this year: Resilient Yard ...Read More
- Scam Bingo: Safeguarding our Seniors - The HPDL Neighborhood Association and the Better Business Bureau are offering an event for the Seniors in our neighborhood on Thursday, March 29th from 10:30 to noon at Pearl Park Recreation Center. The BBB will present Scam Bingo, which helps seniors identify and avoid phone, mail and email scams. Representatives from Minneapolis Police Department 3rd ...Read More
- HPDL Garage Sale 2018 - HPDL Neighborhood Garage Sale Saturday, May 19th Advertised Hours: 8 am to 4 pm Got too much stuff? Get rid of it during the HPDL Neighborhood Garage Sale! Maximize customer traffic by recruiting your neighbors to join you. Registration is free and puts your house on the garage sale map that will be available ...Read More
- HPDL Board of Directors meeting moved - Due to the weather the HPDL Board of Directors meeting will be held tomorrow, Tuesday, January 23rd at 7 pm at the HPDL office. Please contact Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Winter Farmer’s Market - Neighborhood Roots Winter Farmers Market Saturday, Jan. 27th 9:00 am to 1:30 pm 6010 Lyndale Ave. S Say hello to vendors from the Nokomis, Fulton, and Kingfield Farmers Markets at the upcoming Neighborhood Roots Winter Farmers Market! Gather with friends and neighbors in the greenhouse of Bachman's Garden Center (6010 Lyndale Ave. S) from ...Read More
- Frost Fest 2018 - 6:00 pm Kid's Dance DJ in the gym Kid's games in the gym (tickets .50/each) Door Prize Registration opens (drawings at 7, 7:30 and 8 pm) Free art project in the craft room Cookie Walk in front lobby Sledding, Ice Skating (park has skates you can borrow), Snow Obstacle Course Bonfires outside with free ...Read More
- HPDL Contract Change - The Hale Page and Diamond Lake Board would like to make a plan modification to contract 25740A to add funds to the Building Community line item. The board would like to move $200 from Organics, $5,000 from Rain gardens, $2,000 from Commercial Development and $2,000 from Triangle Park for a total dollar amount of $9,200. ...Read More